Thursday, November 29, 2012

NEW PEZ - GENEROSITY

I started checking out all of the different PEZ sites about 2 months ago. I checked out peoples fan sites, all of the different sites to purchases PEZ, the forums, the Facebook pages, etc. One thing I always noticed when looking at these pages is that everyone would always talk about how PEZ collectors were the nicest, most generous people. Today I found out exactly how true this is. I had been doing some trading with a few people I met on the yahoo group site, PEZHEADS. I came across a woman who was looking to trade a "Geico Gecko" dispenser to anyone with an item she didn't already have. Unfortunately, all of the items that I had to trade were items that she already owned. She then told me that even though I didn't have anything to trade her for the dispenser that she would send it to me anyway. She said that she wanted to help out since we were new to collecting and it was the holiday season. I was very grateful and thankful for her generosity. Fast forward 2 weeks later to today. I get home from work to find a really big box on my front porch. When we opened it, we were ecstatic. Not only did she send the "Geico Gecko" dispenser, she also sent 8 other dispensers, 2 Geico Gecko plush toys, 4 collectors cups from the PEZ Collectors Convention, a bag from the PEZ Collectors Convention and unbelievably, both of the new Presidents gift sets. The smile on my little girls face was priceless. Her generosity and kindness really showed me that collecting PEZ is the best hobby ever and it made my experience so much greater. We certainly will "pay it forward" and I hope we can make someone else feel the way this lady made me and my daughter feel. PEZ collectors really are the kindest people around!!!

Thank you Brenda Reiner

I posted some pics below:








No comments:

Post a Comment